Tuesday, 1 June 2010
Art Foundation course is over and I feel... FREE. And slightly bored.
Now that the stresses of my FMP (Final Major Project) are done away with, I guess it's back to posting. So much has happened since my last post way back in February - most of which has been documented in pictures so I'll be bombarding you lot with them for days to come.
For now though, I'll keep it short and sweet and leave this slideshow of photos of Bianca.
Thursday, 18 February 2010
Somehow I've suddenly become unable to wake up before 2pm since Sunday where I parred the day until 4. What's going on?! Since I haven't been up long enough this week to do anything other than go to work or send of my online portfolio to Kingston, here are some random pictures I've taken recently.
Don't forget - Toys in the Attic tomorrow @ the Pad Bedford, 10pm - 3am. Bring a mask and tell a friend to tell a friend!
Tuesday, 9 February 2010
After a long night and a stressful morning my interview at Norwich UCA went very well. Im pleased to say that I impressed and have got myself a place at at least one University for September. One step closer to being an actual Graphic Designer.
Norwich looks like a really nice place. Modern architecture, nice vibes... I could see myself liking this place.
Monday, 8 February 2010
After all that, it was my power supply. I'm back and hopefully more consistent this time!
Since my last post , I've become a part of a new club night called Toys in the Attic as Graphic Designer and Photographer. All of the flyers and posters will be made by moi. Even working on a website. Our first night is scheduled for 19th February 2010 with a masquerade theme. £3 with a mask and £5 without. Get involved!
As well as that, I've been recruited as Photographer for the Pad night club which should be good times. Free entry, free drinks and monies!
I've got an interview coming up for Norwich University College of Arts. I'm definitely nervous but hopefully the 2 hour journey will be chilled and not the opposite!
Friday, 1 January 2010
No, I'm not dead... my hard drive is though. I can't believe I've lasted this long without my computer. It's emotional to say the least. Should be back to regular posts pretty soonish after I purchase myself a new hard drive. I've given up not posting on here so I've hijacked my dad's laptop. Hopefully I finish this before he goes into rage mode!
I HAVE A DSLR! News is so awesome it deserves its own paragraph. I was close to being the owner of a Canon 500D... but it sold out, so I have myself a sweet 450D. The quality upgrade from the little silver thing I was using when I started this blog is immense. I'm proud to say that I'm now the most annoying member of my family due to constantly shoving lenses in faces. Good times.
It's the first day of a new year, and with new years resolutions. Mine of which consists of these:
- Sell at least one piece of art by the end of the year.Whether it's a photograph or a bit of graphic design, I want to do it. I've heard that you get a really good feeling after selling your first piece of art... I want a piece of that!
- Less beerNo matter how much I love the stuff, [no wife beater] it's bloating out my stomach. This is never a good thing. I was introduced to Jaeger bombs last night. I should have more of that.
- Get my six pack backNo not beer, I actually used to have sculpted abs. The introduction of PlayStation 3, Photoshop and ... laziness all saw to that. I'm actually going to stick to it this time. Like every other month last year.
- Make good use of my new cameraThis one will be a success
- Get into uniSounds pretty awesome according to everyone who went straight there. Freshers > the nothing we get at College.
- Stop missing DMZsSays it all really
- Publish my own websiteOne would like his own online portfolio... to be honest
Now these are all posted on the internets for everyone to see, I'm sure it will end in win. Inb4Ifailatmostofthem.
Now to submit this mess of a post. I cant wait until I get used to this again. In the scary amount of months I haven't posted on here, I've realised that I want to do a little redesign of this place... so I will... as soon as I get my computer back...
I miss technology :(