Tuesday 2 June 2009

E3 Games Expo: Sony's conference.

I'd been waiting ages for this, and I can safely say that it was absolutely awesome. 
From the off, they went straight into the announcements. OVER 300 PLAYSTATION GAMES ARE COMING OUT THIS YEAR!!!!!!11!1!!one. *clears throat* The PSP Go, which you may or may not have heard of already (they accidentally leaked it themselves, ha) which looks so good I might have to buy myself one. I gave my PSP 2000 to my dad. Kinda want it back now.



The new one is smaller than the rest of the PSP range, and it's all digital. No UMD drive for games or movies, 100% downloads. 40% lighter than the PSP 3000, its new sleek design tucks everything under itself with a sliding screen. Noice. Wi-fi, Bluetooth, 16GB of memory!, M2 external memory & just some of the things that make this thing so awesome... Comes out on October 1st. Good month.

They annouced a new motion controller which will work with the Playstation Eye (which I am a proud owner of) and looks very precise. Its kind of like the Wiimote, but very different at the same time. It uses a 'globe' on the end of it, which the Eye can 'see' and tracks it, giving us a load of different possibilities. They demonstrated how you can write, shoot, shine things with a torch & sword fight to name a few. The demonstration COULD have been pretty sick... but it was full of fail. The speaker was a but shy, bless him, his voice was stuttering all over the place, and the demonstrator dude couldnt even hit the tennis ball, after many attempts. Jokes =D.




Games I was/am excited about

Gran Turismo 5. Oh my Days
Polyphony finally game us a trailer. Albeit short, it was mind blowing and almost gave me lock-jaw. Everybody watching the stream that care about this game were caught off guard. At first, I thought it was a trailer for a new rally game, followed by a Nascar game. Very confused because i thought the graphics looked too good to be any other standalone games. Then it hit me, it was Gran Turismo. As my mouth started to open wider, I saw Le Mans cars driving at NIGHT, World Rally Championship cars with DAMAGE, over 16 cars on a single track and a whole load of beautiful scenery, I almost died tbh. NO RELEASE DATE THOUGH >.<>
DAMAGEDAMAGEDAMAGEOMGDAMAGE.




Gran Turismo Mobile (PSP)
800 cars, 35 tracks, online and a Ferrari Enzo are the main points for this game. The graphics, for a PSP game, look impressive to say the least. It runs as 60 frames per second, making is silky smooth and it includes all the standard modes you will find in Gran Turismo games. It's released in October 2009 and is another reason I need my PSP a PSP...



Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
I still can't believe how stunning this game looks. The amount of detail put into this game is amazing. The scenery, the emotions in Drake's face, the interiors... everything about the way this game looks makes me want to go 'wow.' The trailer they showed is fast paced and action packed, showing drake in a one on one shoot out with... a helicopter. Cannot WAIT til release day. Number 1 was epic itself.



Final Fantasy XIV (yes FOURTEEN)
Another Playstation exclusive. More unexpectedness. Online only. Not much information given about this game either but the trailer was beautiful.

Assassin's Creed 2
DAMN this is a nice looking game. If you've played the previous game, Altair is gone and the time period is different but the game play looks WAY better. Its now set in the Italian Renaissance and the protagonist is a trainee assassin. He has TWO hidden blades under his sleeves now, one for each hand, of which both can be used at the same time! Leonardo Da Vinci invents gadgets for you, and the AI will search for you if you hide in haystacks. DEFINITELY buying this game.
I'm gonna be so poor this year =[



Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP)
Yet another exclusive, this game is the link between MGS 2 & 3. Hideo Kojima (the creator) said he really cares about this game and that he will put a lot of effort into it, even though its only for a handheld console. Most of the developers behind the PS3 game Metal Gear Solid 4 are on the team and Kojima said specifically that this is not a spin off. (The one on the 360 is haha). I really want my PSP back... I have a till next year 'til i need it though.




God Of War III
Oh my days...




My mind is mush... I'm trying to think of what else I saw... may need to edit.

Every gaming website I regularly visit, crashed in the wake of this epic conference. So Sony win =]. No I'm not a fanboy. Shh

Mitchie.

No comments: