Tuesday 13 October 2009

The Imperial War Museum

If you ever find yourself being too happy and feel like you want a little bit of sadness in your life... then go to the Imperial War Museum. Seriously, the place is so depressing. The ground floor isn't to bad, vehicles and memorabilia from past wars, but on the top floor was the Holocaust Exhibition.

It didn't really make things any better me not having anything to eat before I left - I was so hungry. The exhibition was full of depressing looking photographs. I remember this one giant picture of a girl crying over who I assume to be her sister, laying as if her face had been pushed into the dirt of the field. Hitler posters, swastikas, a collection of shoes which had once been owned by the people who were gassed, and even pellets which would have been used in the gassings. The only thing cool about the visit to the museum were the vehicles. Other than that... =\.

On the bright side, I had some food, and shopped around Oxford Street, bought myself a ring and even saw Tempa T! I didn't take any photographs at the museum... hopefully I'm gonna be able to get this unit done. Should be a piece of cake?

Mitchie.

No comments: